With a history dating back to 1864, Perton Signs is the grand-daddy of British sign companies.
It is a heritage of which we are inordinately proud, and is one of the things that drives us forwards, determined to keep our position at the forefront of the sign and graphics industry. It is also one of the reasons why we can take the long view, investing in our future, such as our recent investment in solar panels as part of our commitment to the environment.
Even after one hundred and fifty years—a period which saw the typewriter come and go—Perton Signs is still an independent family-run business committed to providing a uniquely comprehensive, flexible and friendly service.
Originally catering predominantly for the exhibition and conference industries, we have now branched out into other areas, not least thanks to our ongoing investment in high quality printers which provide sparkling prints for an ever-increasing range of applications.
Over the years, Pertons have gained numerous awards from NAEC, BECA, ESSA & AEO.
Today’s technology has enabled us to enhance our reputation for quality and reliability, giving us a level of service which our competitors find hard to match.
Through the Years
1864 - Perton Signs Established
Starting life as general builders,
Pertons soon became specialist
signwriters, guilders & fascia writers
1886 - Olympia Opens
Olympia opens its doors
1937 - Master Sign Makers Association
Augustus “Bill” Perton elected Member of The Master Sign Makers Association
1937 - Earls Court Exhibition Centre Opens
For 77 years, Earls Court was one of London’s premier exhibition venues, but in December 2014, it closed its doors to exhibitions. Redevelopment of the site has since stalled & its future is still uncertain.
1955 - Membership of Association of Exhibition Contractors
Over the years, Pertons have gained a clutch of industry awards from NAEC, BECA, ESSA & AEO
1964 - Perton Signs celebrate 100 years
Perton Signs celebrate 100 years in business
1975 - Mark Perton joins the company
Mark Perton joins Perton Signs
1976 - NEC Opens
The National Exhibition Centre near Birmingham opens its doors.
1983 - Perton's First Computerised Vinyl Cutter
The Graphix 4B, cut vinyl letters for signs
1984 - Pertons move to Margravine Road
Pertons move to Margravine Road, Hammersmith
1993 - Pertons move to Winslow Road
Pertons move to Winslow Road, Hammersmith
1994 - Computerisation takes over day-to-day sign production
Apple Macs and Xerox machines edge out hand-painted signs & graphics
2000 - Pertons move to Roslin Road
Pertons start the new millennium by purchasing their current premises, Perton House, in Roslin Road, Acton
2013 - William Perton joins the company
William becomes the 5th generation Perton to join the family business
2014 - Perton Signs celebrate 150 years
Perton Signs celebrate 150 years in business
Click for party photos
2019 - Perton Signs install solar panels
The panels now generate over 50% of our electricity. Check out full story here.
2020 - Best we forget!
… but on the plus side, we are still around and ready for business!
2021 - Onwards & upwardsLet’s get cracking!